john asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

All of existence is a prison. the question is whats outside of that prison?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

We all have limitations imposed by our environment, finances, abilities, intelligence, and laws of physics.  We can never entirely escape the prison, but we can make make choices to learn, exercise, and improve ourselves to increase our capabilities.

• 1 month ago

My existence is not prison. I am free. 

• 1 month ago

There is nothing outside of “all that exists,” the definition of existence. Anything wrongly claimed to be outside is false logic.

• 1 month ago

Your soul will always exist.  After you finish your earthly life you will find yourself in either heaven or hell, depending on whether or not you receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior before you die. Please read the New Testament for more information.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Some philosophical questions are meaningless. Even if they sound deep. If as you say "all existance is a prison", then nothing can be outside of "all existance."

Source(s): Philosophy is about questions that can't be answered; Religion is a out answers that can't be questioned
  • 1 month ago

I would also be interested in what's in the prison, what was available to me.

• 1 month ago

The comfort of death.

• 1 month ago

A larger prison. 

• 1 month ago

There's nothing you can see that isn't shown. (John Lennon)

Seek the Revealer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Plato’s allegory of the cave. We won’t know what lies beyond our perception until we break free and move towards the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.