How often is too often to take the morning after pill? ?
Over the past 5 weeks my girlfriend has had to take the morning after pill 5 times...basically it’s been once a week over that time. Is that too many times and could it be bad for her? Not looking for any comments about being more careful.
- 4 weeks ago
Sounds expensive. I'm curious why she doesn't just get on the pill. It's the same hormones and a lot cheaper.
Morning afters pills won't hurt her, but they may wreck her hormone levels if taken to frequently in such a short period of time.
As a female you do NOT want messed up hormones.
- Walter BLv 74 weeks ago
-- The "Morning after pill" should only be taken once or twice a year, and only after unexpected unprotective sex, and especially if that sex is during the ovulation time of the menstrual cycle.
-- If a girl is constantly having sex, she should use some form of contraception, whether it is the "Pill", an IUD, Condoms, a patch, a 6 month or 12 month implant etc. Many doctors recommend a female use two types, one always being a condom for protection against STD's as well as being a contraception.
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
She needs to take a healthy look at herself and realize she is hurting her soul, her mental health, and her body in the long run. As well as her reputation. I realize as a young adult, which she probably is. You want to date and go to bed and knock boots with every handsome young man or handsome man in general that walks on by. That is just simply not the best way to live. What your friend needs to do is this. :
1. Take a long reflective look on their life and realize they are losing people due to their amoral behaviors and constantly sleeping around and knocking boots this year. They may need to change or their future will become darker and their future much worse in the long run for them, any children, plus, a higher risk of STDs and illnesses.
2. Try to clean up their self - image and self esteem and body image and get away from the sexy celebrities whom have indoctrinated them into this lifestyle.
3. Keep condoms and morning after pills or "Plan B" pills just in case. For a year or 2 years, if she doesn't even try to "clean up" by then, you need to start punishing her for her actions and show that there are consequences in "real life".
4. Try to understand the moral and spiritual consequences of her actions and if she had a baby or babies from these pairings and knocking boots how much money it would cost, how much time it would cost to raise them, how much energy for work and a house, and how much time as a young person, she would be giving up with her friends. This could vary depending on the religion, if they are from a Jewish or Christian family this works better.
5. If all else fails, by a baby doll, attach a walkie talkie inside and tell her it is a " Parent Baby Doll Simulator" for the schools and to log and see if she could do it for 4 weeks as a "Parent" to make you shut up. If this doesn't wake her up, I don't know what well, and charge $20 - $50 for baby clothes and $30 for baby food (28 pack), just like in real life.
6. End the friendship or relationships with said friend, and explain why and how they failed you by this bad behavior and short comings, and how sleeping around with others is and was the last straw.
7. Explain if they do repent publically of their sins, and start behaving better, explain how they could lose their family, their will, their reputation, and how idolizing the "Britneys" and the "Christinas" and "Jessica" and "Selenas" can be a big bad thing and that their morality in the songs and music and in other parts of pop culture like movies and tv shows is not always the best example to find out how to live one's life.Source(s): My life and other friends whom went through similar experiences.
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
Probably once every couple of months is the limit, possibly even that is too often, but surely you read the leaflet which came with the pills??!!
The morning after pill is not intended as regular contraception, it is meant as a one-off emergency measure after an unexpected night of passion with someone you have just met.
Morning after pills do fairly drastic things to the insides of a woman. I am a little surprised that she has not had some bad reactions if she is using them once a week.
Seeing that your schools obviously gave you very little info about sex in general, go to a sexual health clinic and get good info. Discuss her getting onto some form of proper long-term contraception.
As Anon says, she should go NOW and get her reproductive system checked by a fully qualified professional. But it might already be too late to hope that it is normal.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- kelvinLv 71 month ago
no woman would take that pill that much
- Anonymous1 month ago
Sorry but you are going to have to deal with the fact that she's taken a massive overdose of the Plan B if she's taken it five times. NO doctor would ever recommend this. Why are neither of you using proper birth control? She needs to see a gynecologist immediately to check on her reproductive system function at this point. All those hormones are going to mess with her menstrual cycle as well as possibly affect her endocrine system (thyroid function, etc).
- ?Lv 71 month ago
The morning after pill is emergency contraception. It's not meant to be used in place of a regular birth control method. It's hormones, so it's going to mess up her cycle and yes it's bad for her. She needs to go to her local family planning clinic and discuss with them what method of birth control would be best for her. It would be much cheaper too.
- TavyLv 71 month ago
No more than 3 times a year in the U.K. it is a massive dose of hormones which can mess up her periods for months.
- Diane ALv 71 month ago
yes, for that amount she should be on birth control. She is essentially flooding herself with massive hormone doses, continuously and there are significant problems with this, immediate and possibly long term, Plan B is not meant for this sort of useage
- RickLv 61 month ago
that a Doctor question ............................