Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Should I let my 13 year old watch Django Unchained?

He has already seen things like Pulp Fiction and The Big Lebowski and movie violence/profanity rally doesn't affect him.

To those people saying i am irresponsible, the only reason i let him watch it is because i know he can take it. I am not normalising it in fact after each of them i speak to him about what the characters did wrong and i know that it won't influence him. 

It is not really meant for someone that young.   It has both male and female nudity in it, and plenty of violence and gore. 

• Gonzo

No because they say they N-word like 400 times in the film which is a little excessive.  

If I were a parent, I wouldn't buy it for my child. If they chose to watch it through a streaming service or bought it themselves, then that's fine. You can't shelter your kids from everything.

Yes, you should. Why shield them from this at all? Why? 

No, it's a bit much for a 13 year old.

• Kathy

No way. It is rated R for a reason.

it has nudity       

No, it's not appropriate for a young teen. Neither are some of the movies you've already let him watch.

By exposing your young teen to extreme violence, gore, and profanity, you're normalizing it. You don't want that in a kid whose mind is still developing.

It's rated R for a good reason.

You sound like an irresponsible parent.