Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Why do latin america black people look much more mixed than american black people?

I notice people say African-Americans look so different from West Africans but they actually look a lot closer to West Africans than latin anerica black people many African-Americans like T-Pain could pass for someone like Akon in the DR.

That's just not universally true. Arguably the most famous black Latina on the scene right now is Mexico's Lupita Nyong'o and she doesn't look very mixed to me. I feel like you're talking about Dominicans and Cubans and in those cases it's obvious that they're often mixed (with both European and Native blood). But go to Brazil and places like that and it's a different story. 

Latina is located in Europe. They don't even speak Spanish there.

Who knows what those people are, they're not being honest about their ancestors.

But since BLM directly attacked Latin heritage when they vandalized the columbus statues *and* the confederate's south national motto was written in Lingua Latina ... It seems like all side agree that Afros aren't included in the idea of Latin.

Because Latin American people mixed together a lot more. This is why they have mixed features and colors more often.