Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 4 weeks ago

Why did a big club never buy Jamie Vardy?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Apparently Jamie is a lifelong Owls fan .....

" He was released by Sheffield Wednesday at 16 for being too small ... " !! 

Does anyone remember the story of that singer that no one wanted until some guy gave him a break and then Colonel Parker took the reigns. His name was Elvis. The younger ones ... don't ask who he played for thanks.

Biggest regret in Sheffield Wednesday's history? Maybe. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Because they have been stupid.

• 4 weeks ago

Because he is already at a big club - Leicester.  They won the Premier League in 2016 and subsequently finished 5th last season.  I think the question you are really asking if you are honest with yourself is - Why didn't Jamie Vardy join a fashionable club - i.e. Man United, Man City. Liverpool or Chelsea or alternatively - Why didn't he join the club that you support.  Getting warm?

• 4 weeks ago

" Other players that have stayed with club for a long time are Stevie Gerrard and Paul Gascoigne  and i admire them all for doing that. " ~ August

Wrong Answer ! ^_^

lol Gazza played for Newcastle, Tottenham, Lazio, Rangers, Middlesbrough, Everton, Burnley...

how can someone say something THAT WRONG lol ?

August doesn't know his football - he doesn't his football - he doesn't know his football - he doesn't know his football ^_^

XD

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Stilty
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

He was about 30 when he burst onto the scene, too late to be a long-term investment. I think we all know what would've happened if he did anyway, lmao. 

• August
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

He has his head screwed on. Why move from a comfortable lifestyle to the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea where he isn't guaranteed at start. Having said that,he lives in a mansion in Cheshire.

Other players that have stayed with club for a long time are Stevie Gerrard and Paul Gascoigne  and i admire them all for doing that.

One final thought,he could like the crisps there 

Source(s): that many aces ?
  • Ryan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

As the others said there was talks with Arsenal in 2016 although Jamie has said he was always happy to stay at Leicester. He did sign a new contract that summer so the Arsenal stuff could just have been something he used to up his pay at a club he was very happy with. There were rumours I can't remember if they were a year or two years ago linking him to Atletico Madrid. I think that could have been a great move for him honestly and I'd imagine if Atleti really approached him he'd have moved because that's a massive opportunity but again this guy seems like the guy who would turn down Real or Barca because he's happy enough at Leicester! Why don't clubs outside of those show interest? Probably because they don't really need him, maybe fear his form would drop, despite being a consistent goal scorer he isn't a flash fancy kind of name the big clubs would rather get hold of the younger more expensive players like Werner, Haaland, Mbappe and all these other supposed global superstars. Who wants fry up eating, red bull drinking Jamie Vardy when you can have some German up and comer who you believe is wanted by Liverpool and Bayern Munich 

• Adam
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Big club like who? He turned down Arsenal and has won more titles at Leicester than he could have at all bar City and Chelsea (level with Liverpool).

• 4 weeks ago

Didn't he turn down Arsenal a couple of years ago?  (The year he won the Premier League if I remember rightly).

But actually since then Leicester City have not returned to their pre-win level, they've maintained their position in the top 6 and he just got the winner vs Arsenal at the weekend too funnily enough, Leicester can be a big club in the years to come, they're certainly well on their way.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.