Do police in America often become paramedics after they retire ?

supposing a cop retires at 45, do they often get work as a paramedic to top up their pension? 

I’ve heard of medics who went on to be police, so the inverse would seem to work 

No, but I know police who retired and became Registered Nurses. 

• Bruce

I've never heard of it. I know several that were paramedics first and became police officers or firemen, though. 

Investing all that time and money into a certification when you are already 45 may not pay off. Most officers I know look for part time work that is flexible. Very few want to retire and continue to work nights, weekends, and holidays. 

i think some of them might

It isn't uncommon for officers to become certified paramedics LONG BEFORE retirement. It is EXTREMELY RARE for anyone to wait until retirement to do so.

No they end up as mall cops or the corrupt ones go to jail or retired one get rich