Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Nurses who self harm?? ?

What would you think if you saw a nurse with self harm cuts, or scars from previous cutting? 

I work with someone and I have recently been noticing things like this when sleeves accidentally move up and I don’t know what to do, if anything. They are always safe with patients and have a huge heart, but clearly have some underlying issues. Can they get in trouble with the board of nursing, or lose their job over something like this? 

• ?

Same as every time you constantly spam this same moronic question over and over.   Why would anyone hire a loser who self harms as a nurse?

I think it's like Diane says. You need to actually put a patient at risk.

As a side note, many nurses are actual sadists, and the ones who self harm are less at risk for that particular disorder.

not necessarily. First to lose your license is always a significant breach of nursing duty, and morality issues like drug abuse on the job not something personal that doesnt impact that. Second, they are scars--could of occurred decades ago. You would not lose your job over something that has no bearing at all on your ability to do your job accurately and safely.