Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Nurses who self harm?? ?

What would you think if you saw a nurse with self harm cuts, or scars from previous cutting? 

I work with someone and I have recently been noticing things like this when sleeves accidentally move up and I don’t know what to do, if anything. They are always safe with patients and have a huge heart, but clearly have some underlying issues. Can they get in trouble with the board of nursing, or lose their job over something like this? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Same as every time you constantly spam this same moronic question over and over.   Why would anyone hire a loser who self harms as a nurse?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think it's like Diane says. You need to actually put a patient at risk.

As a side note, many nurses are actual sadists, and the ones who self harm are less at risk for that particular disorder.

• 1 month ago

not necessarily. First to lose your license is always a significant breach of nursing duty, and morality issues like drug abuse on the job not something personal that doesnt impact that. Second, they are scars--could of occurred decades ago. You would not lose your job over something that has no bearing at all on your ability to do your job accurately and safely.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.