Why are black trans women getting killed at an alarming rate?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

From what I have seen/heard about the black community they are pretty religious,, therefore prejudiced. What people don't understand, they fear. Fear leads to some people doing dreadful things.

• 4 weeks ago

Because people are intimidated/angered by other people’s mere existence and they are mentally ill so they kill these poor women 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They are black and trans. 

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The Black community harshly discriminated against Black trans women. Approximately half of Black trans women attempt suicide. Black-on-Black homicide rate is about five times higher than White-on-White homicides. About 90% of Black homicides are caused by other Blacks. 

Black trans women would not be getting killed if they were not stigmatized by other Blacks. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Racism and other factors, of which I have no knowledge!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If the question relates to the USA, I would not be surprised about that rate of killing. 

It seems that anybody in the USA who is not straight and cisgender and is not of impeccable northern European white stock is an object of hate.

• 4 weeks ago

They trick men into sleeping with them. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They are nearly always sex workers and drug dealers who "work" in the worst parts of town.

Their death rates are no higher than other blacks who engage in the same risky activities. 

And their killers are 99.9% black men.   

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Because black lives don't matter. 

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What is your source for this statistic?  What would you consider an "alarming rate"?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.