Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How could my best friend betray my family like this?

I'm an 18 year old girl. Im a senior in high school. My best friend for the past 7 years lives in my moms neighborhood with my step dad. They've been married for 7 years. We've been absolute best friends since we were 11. We'd go to each other's houses every single day practically. Shes definitely not the smartest person ever. We've done quite a bit of crazy things. My moms always really liked her as well as my step dad. They truly must've considering how many times she's spinned the night. Anyways our relationship took a drastic change 2 weeks ago. My mom and I went out for the day. So my step dad was at the house by himself. When we got home after id say 6 hours my friend was there. She was in their room in bed with my step dad. I was absolutely speechless. My friend looked absolutely terrified. She was screaming that shes sorry and started crying and ran out. She keeps trying to reach out to me after that. I refuse to answer. We've kicked my step dad out and I can see how badly this has affected my mom. Shes been crying like crazy. I know my friend is an idiot but this is a whole other level. Irs hard for me to even comprehend why she did this. My step dads 55 years old.. Though there is a side of me that feels like it would be good to make amends. I see her every day at school and shes tried to come up to me. I immediately get away. We've had our share of nasty fights but this can't even compare on any level. Sorry for how long this was I just really need some help. 

• Ana

Usually I blame the guy, but this is so ratchet and weird and creepy by your best friend that I don’t even know how to describe it. And I almost feel like your stepdad wasn’t THAT wrong just bcuz almost any guy would’ve done the same, sadly, at his age and with a cute 18 year old girl. 

I feel like if she came on to him, considering she’s 18 and he’s 55, almost any man on earth in that situation is going to say yes. How could any guy have the self-control to resist? Like sure in an ideal world he’d say no, but... this is the real world, you know?

I feel like what she did was evil, she purposely tried to ruin a family by using her youthful lust/looks to lure an older man. She put him into a situation where almost no guy in the world could resist the temptation. And that’s a damn shame.

I think you need to let her know that if she goes near him again, that you will call the police on her for trespassing and then call her parents, in that order. And then I think that you should get your mom and him into marriage counseling, IMMEDIATELY. 

• T J

You do not forgive either one.

You’re forgiven for the long post but don’t do it again Jesus Christ say less next time