Do all these "show folk" people not realize that 1/2 their fans are Republicans. Why are they driving these people away from financing them?

Is it because they are smooth brained ?

I'll tell you exactly why, and you're probably not going to like it.

In the entertainment industry, just like any industry, there are rules.  Those who don't play by the rules, even when the rules changed just yesterday, are swiftly dealt with.  And by dealt with, I mean their careers in entertainment are suddenly over.  Even if someone breaks a rule that wasn't a rule last year or last decade, they'll still never work again in the industry.  For those accused of breaking the rules, any attempt to defend themselves is considered further proof of guilt.

If you were working in Hollywood (or wherever Hollywood shoots scenes and tries to make it look like LA), you'd be subject to those rules.  Your options are a) follow the rules, toe the corporate line and continue to make decent cash or b) look for a job somewhere else, because you'll never work in Hollywood again.

Be honest, what would you do?  

Half? Probably not. People involved in the fine arts, in artistic pursuits, in music, theater, cinema, dance, tend to be mostly liberal. Those who hold the arts and artistic pursuits in contempt tend to be conservative. 

The same applies to scholarship and education, to scholarly pursuits and interests, to academics and scholars. 

You think righties DO NOT hold artists and the arts in contempt? Read the other answers! 

Democrats on average have more disposable income than Republicans, so they're pulling in the people who will finance them most.

"Show Folk" should not be advising anyone on ANY matters other than acting and how to score drugs and ruin relationships and raise disturbed, confused children.  That's all they are good at.  Those people are almost all neurotic, uneducated walking fiascoes.  There are only a few exceptions to this.  Clint Eastwood, Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones, Harrison Ford and maybe a few others are decent people, but the majority are half-mad trashy crazy people.  I used to pay money to see their movies and listen to their music, but now I just watch and listen when I can do it for free.

• Jeff D

They live in liberal cities and hang out with other liberals, so that's the only viewpoint they know; plus they want to virtue signal to their friends.  I very much doubt they give any thought to what it might mean for the the people who watch their movies or listen to their music.

Maybe, just maybe, some people prefer their principles over money.  I know it is hard for people who think like Trump to understand such things.  The founding fathers pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to the country.  Trump et al say  keep your hands off my sacred fortune and what does honor matter as long as you win.

• Murzy

Thousands of showpeople are out of work.

These "show folk" fail to understand that they are nothing more than modern day "Court Jesters" whose profession exists solely for our entertainment.

Th Th fm fm sh fm

"smooth brained" I love intelligence. You are exactly right: The celebrities  do not have any more insight than does the average Americans in fact most Celibs are so out of touch with reality its indescribable, in English.

Source(s): I do not own a TV or go to Movies....wonder why?