Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

Is it safe to attend a wedding indoors with Covid rising ?

• ?

That might depend on where in the world you are, how many guests are expected, how large the outdoor venue space is and your own age, medical condition and susceptibility to the virus. If you're 70 years-old with lupus and diabetes the answer would be different than if you're a 20 year-old marathon runner. Generally you can follow your local health dept. guidelines and probably be fine (unless you're particularly vulnerable).

• a

No one needs to cancel a *wedding. *

Inviting hundreds of people to attend is short-sighted. 

Anonymous is not  *required* to be in a wedding, *especially* if he/she disagrees with having one at this time. Participating if you feel that way is hypocritical.

For me, it would all depend: is this person close to me, (in the bubble I already have?) How many people are attending? how long will the reception be? This might be one time when I go to the wedding ceremony, wish the happy couple well, and head home. 

I'd rather actually witness an exchange of vows, than eat and dance with strangers.

• Trish

I wouldn't risk it.

• Personally I wouldn't risk it. If you have to go, wear a mask and use physical distancing, also don't dance with any one and wash your hands regularly. If it's a large wedding, there could be some one at the wedding that's positive and doesn't know it. Also if there's alcohol, people tend to lose their common sense when they drink too much. 

If you don't want to go, send a card or a small gift that you can have delivered to the bride. 

• Cammie

Nope .Send a card .Stay healthy .

It would be a pretty bad idea to attend a wedding during a pandemic - and especially if you (or anyone else attending) is high risk. 

• ?

Depends on what you mean by safe.  Technically, any gathering of large numbers of people without continued social distancing in an indoor space for an extended period of time (more that 15 minutes) increases the risk of exposure and transmission if any of the people in that space are COVID-positive and shedding virus.  

In many areas restrictions have already been increased to limit groups to no more that 10 (5 in some places) and with no more that two family groups total. That pretty much rules out a wedding ceremony or reception.  

• T J

I would not attend. If others want to take a chance let them. take care of you and screw the rest.

no. and weddings should not be taking place at this time. it just gets more and more ridiculous every day, people. post. pone. your. weddings!

my friend is continuing on with her wedding that i have to be in and she's having people from FLORIDA fly over here! florida is a really highly infected state at the moment. she's so damn stupid i can't...