Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Cooking burgers on stove top: good idea to use worcehestire (can't spell it lol) instead of olive oil on the pan? ?

• garry

only if you like worcehestire sauce. can cook can you ??

You shouldn't use any oil, the hamburger will provide that if you use a non-stick pan. I would use dry seasonings or small chopped onions and mint for a change of taste. Most sauces will burn unless you put them on close to the the end of cooking.

I would probably not as it may make the burgers bitter by the time they are done cooking. I actually never fry my burgers in anything as I use a non-stick pan, but I flavor my burgers by mixing in ingredients before I cook them. I find frying them in anything just makes them greasy.

No.

But you can mix worcestershire into the burger meat when you form the patties if you want to.

Not ion the pan but add it to the meat when you are making the burgers. 

Do not use a lean ground beef, a beef with more fat will yield a juicier burger.  Put the burger in the hot pan and leave it alone until it had browned and will come away from the pan.

No need to use olive oil when making a burger. 

Why would you ever use olive oil to make burgers? Worcester sauce goes in the burger. Not on the pan

• kswck2

When I cook a burger in a pan, I usually make a hole on top of the burger and add worcestershire sauce to it. 

Unless it is very lean beef, no outside oil/fat should be necessary, the fat in the beef should be sufficient. But there is no rule that says if you use fat, you cannot also use any sauce of your choosing. The sauce is to add flavor, anyway, not lubrication.

No.

• CB

Worcestershire is a seasoning not an oil, a shake or two in the raw hamburger before mixing is usually a good thing but not on the fry pan itself.