Music Suggestions?

I prefer alternative or indie. I'm not listening to anything over 20-ish years old, because the older generations need to get over their feelings of superiority and just accept that music has progessed and people's music tastes have evolved along with it. 

I won't be opposed to other genres though, I generally listen to any music (alt and indie just happen to be what I listen to the most)

• 6 days ago

Older people are entitled to listen to whatever genre they want to just as young people do also. That's why there is a variety of genres of music because people have different taste. I'm an old person and I don't feel superior to anyone and I do not have to accept anything just as you don't have to accept what I like. People's taste in music does not evolve, it expands. You cannot speak for all people.

• donnie

Search  alternative or indie on YouTube

Music has no expiration date, just listen to all music, forget about the date and you will find if you truly love music, many, many songs you like. Just a thought.

• snafu

Old music doesn’t mean bad or irrelevant music, that’s just plain silly.  There are a lot of great bands from the past that have heavily influenced the current crop.  It’s best you discover that for yourself.  When you make these connections you’ll understand why certain bands and styles of music sound the way they do.

Here’s 2 contemporary bands I like currently .

TVAM

KVB

heres my playlist you might like some songs on there idk

https://music.amazon.co.uk/user-playlists/ad6eb974...

Stutter- Marianas Trench

One love- Marianas Trench

By now- Marianas Trench

Pop 101- Marianas Trench

Fallout- Marianas Trench

Your outlook is as deranged as some people I've met who won't read a book by any author who's dead.  Your closed mind is a large part of the problem you have but don't even see.  Like most with your affliction, it's futile to discuss with you.  You've already made up your mind & facts are useless.  I pity you & your misguided ilk.    

• Blah

Spotify and google also tell me that I lean towards indie and alt. Here's some songs I've been into recently: 

High Low - The Unlikely Candidates (and all of their music)

Two Straight Lines - Walking on Cars (also most of their music)

The Fever - Foreign Figures

Kings and Queens - The Treble

Seriously - Dylan Dunlap

**** it Up - Hearts & Colors

Lion - Hearts & Colors

Dark - A Foreign Affair

Hey Child - X Ambassadors

Summer Nights - SIAMES

Animal - Zayde Wolf 

• I respect your opinion but if you like Indie Music but don't want to listen to anything Pre 2000?  You are seriously missing out.

What are some of your favorite bands/singers? That could help me come up with suggestions.

In the meantime, here are a few of my favorites:

Metric

Meg Myers

grandson

July Talk

JJ Wilde

The Blue Stones

Reignwolf

Black Pistol Fire

Badflower

The Kills

Des Rocs

Rival Sons

The Regrettes

The Raveonettes

Melanie Martinez

Tyler Bryant & the Shakedown