Were most of you born in a postcode that guarantees your stupidity?

A recent study in Australia found that where you are born, your family background and (unfortunately) the colour of you skin, will play the largest determinant in how well educated you are.

If I take the Australians I know on Y!A as a sample, the ones born in England are far better educated than the ones born in Australia. That is just fact, I'm not trying to be harsh. Armourer is not quite with it, but he is 90 so let's cut him some slack.

Australians face so many disadvantages in education depending on where they are born, both within and outside Australia. How can we bridge the education gap?

@Anonymous: Intelligent questions would go over your head. You have to play to your audience.

unfortunately yes but not so stupid that i would ever vote Labor 

Tosser        .

Do you ever ask any intelligent questions? Why do you ask bullshit that no Aussie cares about? You must have a sad life? What did an Aussie ever do to you?  You punish Aussie yahoo users with drab boring crap constantly . It seams you and Isack are competing for f*ckwit of the year.

• Not entirely true. It's all genetic from parents to parents and also what area you'll were brought up wether it's either slums or not. Unfortunately for me I was brought up in a low class area and the school I went to was poorly educated. So therefore the government for education  funding was lacking. The smartest and wealthiest in my family were my grandparents who hails originally from England. My grandfather was from Southampton and my grandmother was from Belfast who came to Australia in 1956. There is part of me that I wish I was brought up in the U.K, simply they have a better and stronger education system and more stricts than ours. But better here than being brought up in The U.S. It's no brainer.

I don't think Armourer is 90. Probably more like in his 70's. Who knows.

• Kenny

Being smart and educated are two different things . One doesn't have to be either to understand that .