Sassy
Sassy asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Is it normal for a cat to growl while they play and run around the house?

My cat growls while he plays

My Kitty doesn't do that, unless my daughter brings her dog. The dog is little & they're fast friends. They play first, eat & then sleep. And, they don't care if it's 3 o'clock in the morning.

yes          .

Yes, This is absolutely normal! Cats just enjoy roughhousing sometimes and enjoy acting like a hunter.

It is. What you want to look at is how intense or loud the growl is. If it is too intense or too loud or done repeatedly in an "unhappy" pattern or rythmn, then you need to worry. Cats and kittens do growl a little bit when they pretend to hunt or play tag or play with each other or "Kitty Cat Rough House" around the house. 

For play to feel right sound must be involved as much as other senses.  Cats have fun that way.  One of my cats also snores lightly when he sleeps sometimes.

Yes it's normal. My 2 cats sometimes hiss at one another when play-fighting, but I know they aren't actually fighting for real. 

Yes it is cats natural wild instincts coming out!!!!

Yes, it's normal for some cats.

Yes. “Playing” is mimicking hunting in the wild. When you play with them with a toy they have the same reaction as a wild cat catching prey. So sometimes they simulate this scenario and will growl as they would in the wild

it sounds normal to me