IsaacM asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Is the “crazy” behavior that people experience and display with schizophrenia only during the episodes? ?

Like do schizophrenics only act “weird” when they have episodes and are they mainly normal people except when they have their episodes? I am a schizophrenic and I only think people can hear my thoughts and have schizophrenic episodes thinking everyone’s hearing my thoughts and trying to watch me and make fun of me while my mind destroys itself with racing hellacious negative thoughts.

• Andy C

No.  Like you said, there is not a time when you feel that no one can sense your thoughts.  It may be a lot worse when having a psychotic episode,  but there is no time when you feel completely (what we call) normal. 

You are not a freak of nature; just a variation of what works.   Our current society is beginning to finally accept schizophrenia as a different 'brand' of normal. 

Like addiction,  when mental health issues are TREATED instead of punished,  we all are much happier and better off.