Is there a glue that will penetrate thru paper thin laminate to make it stick?

I have this desk that the top laminate,as it turns out, it's actually more like a paper film.  Now it's flaking off.  I would like to stick paper drawings on top of but I am sure that if I do that it's just going to rip that thin laminate right off.  There's got to be a glue that goes thru that thin laminate and at the same time glue whatever I lay on top of it.  I've been looking at decoupage videos and the concensus seems to be Mod Podge.  But still, will it penetrate?  How about simple Elmer's glue?

PS

I don't want to do much sanding.

No, there isn't a glue that will penetrate laminate.

It will be melamine foil - you should really scuff it up a bit with a coarse sandpaper so that it will provide a key. Any brand of adhesive should work. If you are worried the laminate will come off, it is usually easy to peel off with hot air stripper.

Gorilla glue original works best. It foams up alittle but it does that to penetrate deep to hold well