Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 4 weeks ago

how much would it cost to make people compose a mozart vinyl record?

i heard that vinyl records have great sound quality and no one makes them anymore

im not even sure about how someone would go about doing this

how much would a rich person have to pay to get to get someone to compose mozart and record it on a vinyl record

• Tony B

Records aren't composed. If you mean you want to an orchestra to perform some Mozart and have it either recorded direct to disc or have the recording processed to produce a record it would cost many, many thousands of £/$/€, and would be pointless unless the whole process was carried out using analogue equipment.

To get decent sound quality great attention to detail would be necessary with no expense spared and, of course, the results would need to be listened to top of the range equipment. There would also be the issue that no more than twenty  minutes worth of material could be recorded on one side of a record.

I think most people would prefer the CD or, if they wanted a record, just buy one that was already available.

• garry

by a record player that records them to mp3 format , target or any department store sells them for under $100 .

Vinyl is not dead, but I'd rather have the DTS/Dolby Atmos Blu-ray of the 50th anniversary of Abbey Road than the vinyl records.

https://abbeyroad.thebeatles.com/wp-content/upload... 

• bill

Amazon has many vinyl Mozart records listed .

LP records have terrible sound quality. It does NOT reproduce the original music accurately because it uses equalization during the mastering and playback process. It does not have as much frequency range as music, cutting off the highest highs and the lowest lows because the needle and the vinyl simply cannot move fast enough and it cannot move far enough. Worse, it introduces clicks and pops to the music as it is worn. Every time the LP is played it wears. Play it often enough, it wears to the point that it can sound horrible. Signal to noise ratio is worse than digital music and it deteriorates more and more as it is played.  

In other words, the LP recording of music is simply a colored, non-accurate reproduction with more noise. People may prefer a colored and noisy version of the music, but that preference is personal and subjective. No one can convince me that a colored and noisier version of the original music is better than the origina or a more accurate reproduction of the samel. Granted, CDs are not perfect, and indeed the blr-ray disc format of music is better, but it is a lot more expensive. I am not going to break my budget buying the blu-ray disc versions of music I already own, but I am certainly not going to buy any vinyl records and listen to them instead of my CDs. No sir.