How much time is required to preheat the oven?

NOT MORE THAN 5 MINUTES TO REACH 350F PREHEATED TEMPERATURE FOR BAKING BREAD. 

REMARK: MY OVEN TURNS ON BOTH TOP AND BOTTOM HEATERS AT THE SAME TIME FOR QUICK PREHEAT OPERATION, TOTAL WATTAGE CONSUME  AS HIGH AS 4000 WATTS. TOP HEATER SHUTS OFF FIRST AUTOMATICALLY AFTER REACHES 250F AND ALLOW THE BOTTOM HEATER 2000W  CONTINUES HEAT UP TILL 350F.

• qrk

Depends on temp desired, oven construction/size, and type of heating system.

If I'm baking, the electric and gas ovens I have used take about 20 minutes to stabilize, 30 minutes if I put ceramic tiles inside.

To really understand your oven, get a thermocouple temperature probe and monitor the temperature during preheat.

5 minutes for excellent brownies!

It depends on the temperature and the oven.

They may take 10 to 30 min. Most have an indicator to tell you when they are up up temp.

If you are just heating up dinner don't wait for the oven to pre-heat, put the food in and turn it on. Then use a probe thermometer to test temp.

If you are baking something which needs even heat then pre-heat.

• Dixon

Unless you are baking there is no need to preheat  imho. The idea is just to avoid uneven  hot / cold  spots (well, less hot) while the element or flame is at maximum and the oven is getting to temperature. If you are cooking a frozen pizza you could just rotate it after a few minutes. So basically if you do need to preheat you wait until the oven clicks off or you hear the flame suddenly reduce, like mb 5 or 10 minutes depending on the setting.

Which particular oven and to what temp?  five to ten minutes seems to be about what mine takes but it might be fifteen minutes.  I never actually measured it.  Just went off and did other things until I heard the beep.

most ovens beep when they reach the programmed temperature. If not, 10 minutes is good enough. 

It depends on the temperature.