LISA asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Can I put raw chicken in a blender?

To make into shredded portions? 

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

maybe a rough chop will do. or maybe consider a food processor, i would pulse it

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Chicken will stick to the sides of the blender when raw, messy clean up, don't do it

• 4 weeks ago

No one shreds RAW chicken. You need to cook it first before it will shred at all. This is not going to save you any time, and it will muck up your blender and make it a bacteria-magnet. Cook the chicken before trying to shred it or you'll end up with a big mess. 

• garry
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

yes why you making home made chicken nuggets or chicken sausages .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You can put anything in a blender.

I would ONLY put raw meat into a blender (but, usually a processor) for mousse.

If you want shredded meat, you want to cook it first and use a processor with the correct blade.

So, NO, don't, shouldn't, but you "can".

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why? Do you want pureed chicken? 

• 1 month ago

You would have to be very thorough with the washing after ! Bit dodgy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can put raw chicken in a blender.   But you won't get shredded chicken.   You'll get ground chicken.

If you want shredded chicken, cook it in a slow cooker or pressure cooker.   You can shred it after it's cooked. 

• 1 month ago

You can put chicken in a blender, but you will NOT get the result you're hoping for.

Cooked meat will shred. Raw meat will not.  Cooked chicken shreds easily with fork/fingers, but if you're into machines, a food processor is what you want, not a blender.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Oh dear....shredded chicken is shredded when it's ALREADY COOKED, not raw. You cook it first, then use two forks to shred through it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.