Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

Is my friend going too far (mask refusal)?

We were going to McDonalds. The supervisor said track and trace and put your masks on. I put mine. Some friend however stood up to her lol was like nahhhh nah, not me. I don't believe in "enslavement" wtf lol she's funny. They were at it for 3 minutes  I was like Jennifer please can you just wear one so we can sit in. She was persistent and "said no, we done nothing wrong, I would like to ask for your manager please" typical karens catchphrase i know lol anyways, manager wasn't in anyways. She eventually gave in. I went in and got mine and her dinner since I had a mask. Did my friend go too far? 

• glcang

Your friend is already “enslaved” by her ignorance.

You do know the Chinese virus has a 99.8% survival rate, right? So if, by chance someone else that IS wearing a mask because THEY choose to, catches the virus from your friend that is not sick or shows symptoms, still has an almost 100% chance that the virus WILL NOT kill them, right? Catching this isn't like getting hit by a train.

Basically the mask is to mostly protect others from you in case you are infected and do not know it and are not showing symptoms.  People who refuse to wear the mask to help protect their society or their neighbors and fellow citizens are highly selfish and are actually sociopaths....

Tell her she is endangering everyone elses lives.

Yes, anyone who doesn't want to wear a mask needs to stay out of public. There will be a nationwide mask mandate soon, just like in other countries that have been successful in slowing down the virus. 

Herd Immunity only works in primitive societies where no one cares who lives or dies. Americans care - that's who we are.

• ?

And if there's a God "Jennifer" will replace "Karen" as the catchall for anyone you don't like. 

Your friend is an idiot.. stop hanging out with him.  He has no right to endanger people!

• ree

It's the same story ... do/say what you want and don't be surprised by the consequences as victims have rights too. 

A business has a right to protect it's image. We learned this long ago (no shoes, no shirt, no service). Wearing a mask is a common sense extension of what we already learned. 

Oh yes, what an ignorant and selfish thing to do! The danger of this virus is very

real and could get totally out of hand killing even more people just because

People don't want to confirm puts everyone at risk. What ignorant behaviour.

Your friend sounds like a spoiled brat.