I am looking for a new apartment.  Is there a way to put out an APB to landlords?

I want them to know what type of place I'm seeking.  I also want them to know that I have a secure income and my rent is paid early every month by my bank.  I'm quiet, clean, and organized.  I'm a good tenant.

You need to contact them individually. 

In my community, I've noticed quite a few apartment seekers mentioning their wants on local Facebook pages, and most had response from landlords.

• Mark

Use one of the apartment search apps/websites to narrow your search.  Most have direct contact via a click to get the LL to contact you.  

• Judy

You need to contact them individually

Post on Craig's List exactly what you are seeking.

www.apartments.com and www.rent.com and search by city.

• Maxi

So you visit agents and ask.......tell them what you are looking for and ask to go on their list to be told of any property as it comes on their books......... my managing agent has a list of potential tenants who are looking for a rental  and in 17 yrs my rental has not been vacant more than 24 hours becauseof  the managing agents policy

some real estate agencies will also let you see houses or apts for rent

Does not work that way.

Try a real estate broker.