Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 4 weeks ago

Should I be upset?

I recently moved a couple states over to live with my boyfriend. “We” got a house together and at first it was “his” house and then I mentioned we will he moving in together and then he changed it to “our house”. Anytime he says anything now he says “his” house. It’s “his” room, it’s “his” yard, “his” furniture.. you get the point. I never over step my boundaries. His dad gave him a huge down payment as a gift and my boyfriend pretty much tells me he’s doing me a favor for letting me live in “his” house. I pay rent and we split the bills. He’s greedy with his income and I’m scared to say anything. I put 100+ hours into fixing up the home with my mom and he tells me “his” family did everything. - he says it’s HIS house but our home. Weird?

Legally, it is HIS house that you are living in.

You are a fool to invest any of your time or money on HIS house. How convenient it is that he has you living in HIS house, helping to pay HIS mortgage.

I would not allow myself to be used like that and would opt to use my money for rent elsewhere in a rental situation.

He is so using you. Wake up.

• Amy

He legally owns the house. It is his. You pay rent to him. He's your landlord.

Please read Judy's comments again.  Yes, you should be upset but I imagine the title is in his name not yours, so it is HIS house.  He obviously does not see you as a permanent relationship though.  I would not pay any more rent (free rebt in lieu of services provided) and leave, find a place of my own, or share with others.  Then he can find someone else to help him out with some rent money and free labour around the house.  When you live with someone you soon find out who they truly are hey.  Honestly the waiting is on the wall.  Good luck. 

• garry

well it is is house , you moved in but the house in hes name isnt it .do you put any money towards the rent or payments ..

Technically, as his name is on the deed and he pays the mortgage you are a renter living in his house that you both share.

• John

Your question is only indirectly about renting and real estate.  You are having relationship problems.  You should post your question in a relationships section of YA.

if you don't  own, its his house. 

• Judy

You are getting a look at what your future will be like if you stay with him.  Think about it.

I’m stuck because I just brought everything here. I don’t know what to do or why he’s so greedy.

• Mark

DTMFA.  You may want to post to Family and Relationships.  This ain't just about the house.