My doctor took off his mask during appt?!?

I had an appt and my doctor took off his mask about 20 minutes into the appt. He was sitting about 3 feet away from me and he was examining my injured leg, do you think this was ok? is it unprofessional considering covid risks? i don't know why he took off his mask??. I would have liked him to keep it on. 

Yes I am sure it was that long, I recorded it and it was 25 minutes long and it was supposed to be for 40 minutes actually. Well that's good to know, what if it was 2 feet? He was right across from me because he had to examine my leg, but he kept off his mask and didn't put it back on so he had it off for about 5 minutes

• Andy C

It's a bit odd that a doctor would do that.  Every doctor I know wears masks with patients.   

Source(s): My wife's a doctor, so I know more than mine.

1 meter which is about 3 feet reduces your covid risk 82%

20 minutes seems like a really long time to spend wiht one patient.  Are you sure it was that long

If the doctor doesn't have covid, then of course you will be ok.

If the doctor has covid you would probably be ok.