Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 4 weeks ago

2015 Triumph Daytona 675 has 20k miles?

For the past months I’ve bought a 675. It has been great, I’m taking to slow and not abusing the power. Got me thinking.. is 20k miles too much for a 2015? What things I need to take care of while riding/ maintenance? Bike is smooth and rides nice I’ve had no issues

Just change the engine oil as often as you can afford and service it on time. Don't abuse it unnecessarily and it'll last years.

At that rate you'll be riding that bike easily another 20 years.  Your owners manual will tell you everything you need to keep it running reliably.

• Barry

A Haynes manual will pay for itself in a short period. Use fully synthetic oil and change it at or before the recommended intervals.

• adam

thats not a lot of miles. Get the owners manual. It will tell you all service intervals. Like when to change oil [miles] You can visually see the chain and tires. The same with brake pads . Most things are kinda obvious with motorcycles. Your gonna notice fluid leaks fast such as fork oil for instance. 

4000 miles per year is about average.

Buy a manual, follow the service schedules, if you do not know when the last service was performed have one, every two weeks check the chain tension, the tyre pressure and oil/fluid levels.

Buy an OEM, Haynes, or Clymer shop manual, or all three, and read 'em. I like having an aftermarket digital voltmeter on my panel to monitor my bike's charging system / battery while I'm riding. But that's me wanting to know stuff, not you. Ya gotta do right by your battery or it won't last long. Tragically, you apparently don't know whatcha got. Notice the quite different "100% charged" voltages on the meter in this video for the three (3) different types of motorcycle batteries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkn9NoNVjlQ

Youtube thumbnail

&list=FL08cPDvhD5CMTfZ4-hqXK2w&index=10