Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 4 weeks ago

Mac "System" taking up way too much storage?

I have a 2019 macbook that has 128 GB of storage. When I manage storage through settings, it says that "system" is using over 100 GB of storage. I can't access this storage in the manage tab, and I have no idea how to free up this space, as I already have limited storage. I have deleted all my caches and time machine local snapshots, and it has only brought it down a few GB. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it or have any advice for me to lower the amount of storage that "system" takes? Thank you!

Use a program like Disk Inventory X to get a better look and see exactly which folders are taking up space.

http://www.derlien.com/downloads/index.html to download for free.

Search on line for solutions to this or contact Apple.  That is all that can be guessed from no operating system version.