Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

How can I keep this cat window bed from falling?

It came with a strip of tape on the back of it and it said to stick it onto the windowsill 

It lasted for like 5 days and then it fell off

I taped it over 100 times and it keeps falling off and it ruined my wall paint

I can’t screw it into the window ledge thing

Idk how to anyway 

Any ideas how to keep it from falling?

Update:

Those black things you see are metal so I don’t think I can put a screw through them 

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Put up a couple shelf brackets. They come with mounting holes & screws. Mount the brackets 16 inches apart so the screws go into studs behind the wall. Tap on the wall to locate by ear where the studs are located.

• 4 weeks ago

Take the brackets to have a hole drilled into them. Then attach the brackets, with screws,  into the wall with a raul plug if there is no stud in the wall.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Get a Styrofoam cat?

• 4 weeks ago

TAPE isn't going to support the weight of a cat. I don't know how it is SUPPOSED to attach, but it is NOT supposed to be taped in place.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Find someone who does now how to screw it in place and have them do that.  Tape cannot hold a cat ledge alone for very long, never mind with a cat on it as well.  You're going to have to repaint there eventually anyway due to the current damage.  So covering some screw holes won't be an issue.

• G
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Cat sleeps outside - problem solved.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A stack of bricks or books from the floor up to the bottom of the shelf.  Or a small bookcase and a few books between.   You could get rid of the shelf and put in a bookcase of the right height and a nice pillow cushion.   Make a nice ramp against the wall up to the top of the bookshelf.  A simple board will do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.