Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

How can I keep this cat window bed from falling?

It came with a strip of tape on the back of it and it said to stick it onto the windowsill 

It lasted for like 5 days and then it fell off

I taped it over 100 times and it keeps falling off and it ruined my wall paint

I can’t screw it into the window ledge thing

Idk how to anyway 

Any ideas how to keep it from falling?

Those black things you see are metal so I don’t think I can put a screw through them 

Put up a couple shelf brackets. They come with mounting holes & screws. Mount the brackets 16 inches apart so the screws go into studs behind the wall. Tap on the wall to locate by ear where the studs are located.

Take the brackets to have a hole drilled into them. Then attach the brackets, with screws,  into the wall with a raul plug if there is no stud in the wall.

Get a Styrofoam cat?

TAPE isn't going to support the weight of a cat. I don't know how it is SUPPOSED to attach, but it is NOT supposed to be taped in place.

Find someone who does now how to screw it in place and have them do that.  Tape cannot hold a cat ledge alone for very long, never mind with a cat on it as well.  You're going to have to repaint there eventually anyway due to the current damage.  So covering some screw holes won't be an issue.

• G

Cat sleeps outside - problem solved.

• Edwena

A stack of bricks or books from the floor up to the bottom of the shelf.  Or a small bookcase and a few books between.   You could get rid of the shelf and put in a bookcase of the right height and a nice pillow cushion.   Make a nice ramp against the wall up to the top of the bookshelf.  A simple board will do.