Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 weeks ago

Is Luqas a good way to spell Lucas?

I like the name Lucas but I'd like a more unique spelling of it since the name is so common. I also considered Lukus, Lukas, and Lucus

Also you can suggest other spellings of it too!

• Cousin

No it's not. It's a bad way to spell Lucas.

NO IT'S GHETTO AND LAME! SPELL IT LUCAS!

No! Lukas is the only way to spell it nicely and unique enough and he still can even go by Luke for a shortcut if he prefers. Please respect your child enough to only do it this way if you are still so set on the name. It's a masculine way to spell it. Most people answering your question feel this way about the that spelling, please let the majority rule in your choice on this name.

I hope all goes well for you in raising your son. I'm posting the link to a wonderful article for parents raising children. I think you'll appreciate it and its free

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1994365...

Oh, please. In your attempt to be unique, you have managed bizarre. 95% of the people who will meet your son will never even have to know how you decided to bastardize the spelling of his name.

The new unique is now the old normal.

lu'quas obviosly

I like Lukas it Lucas . Or just go with unique and use Luca 

Did you attend school? When did a Q and a c make the same sound? 

Why bother with a 'unique' spelling when it is still the same name? You havent made the name more special just because it is spelled differently... it still sounds the same.

The only thing spelling it 'Luqas' will accomplish is your son having to go their whole life with people misspelling it.

Also, Luqas looks horrendous. Stick with Lucas, or maybe Lukas.

No. Trust me, my name is Lucas.

Source(s): yup

Lucas or Lukas... sorry, but Luqas is ridiculous and Lucus/Lukus look like mucus.