Can I apply for Minnesota unemployment ?

I haven’t worked at a job for 2-3 years! 

And I’ve been making music and streaming games to twitch without pay As self employed 

You are not entitled to unemployment benefits in any state as you have not paid into the system. As for being self-employed, you would need to have been paying yourself a salary and have paid unemployment taxes to qualify. Legally, what you have been doing is not considered self-employment. The IRS would call it a hobby.

• ?

You aren't self employed if you don't get paid.  You don't qualify for unemployment since you haven't worked in so long.  Your music and streaming would be considered a hobby.

• Amy

Sure, as long as you as employer have been paying into the system via the FICA tax.

No, 2-3 years after you last worked is too long to be able to apply for unemployment.

No.  Where'd you get the idea that you would qualify?

• Judy

no.  It's not self employment when you have no income from it.