donnie
donnie asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Should we bring back the voting system instead of having people choose favorite (formerly best) answer ?

Here is my take. Used to if someone answered at least someone got picked and if you where the only one it was a easy win. Now I understand a lot of people chested but here is the thing a lot of people don’t choose a answer they make a account one time to ask something and never use the site which is understandable. That or regulars just don’t see a point in points no pun intended anymore because there is no real insensitive or they already reached level seven so they just don’t take the six points. So many times questions go without ever having a favorite answer picked and it’s nice to see someone get ten points because some people really take time to answer a question and give good answers and just never get picked 

I preferred the voting system as well because I don't tend to ask many questions, and I always close mine out by selecting a best answer, but a lot of people don't. I think the voting system was being abused by those users who have a multitude of accounts too. If you have five or ten different accounts, you can upvote your own answers and essentially guarantee that you'll have a best answer rate that's ridiculously high. I think a fair compromise would be to bar users from asking more questions until they close out the ones that are still open. But it's obvious that the changes that have been made to the site were implemented in an effort to try and raise traffic on these forums. Barring users from asking questions unless they go back through their old questions and select a best answer might compel some people to simply abandon those old accounts and start new ones. I mean, it's not like there's anything preventing them from doing that. Look at how quickly well-known trolls reappear when their accounts are suspended. It's long past time that everybody needs to accept that there will never be a single positive change made to this site. As flawed as it is now, this is the best it's ever going to get. We can either accept that and deal with it, or we can log out for the last time and never return. We can reminisce about the green format or voting or question moving from now till the cows come home, but it is what it is. Those days are over.