Transfer from USA college to Canada college?

I have been thinking of moving to Canada and am currently enrolled in community college and just about ready to transfer to a university, although I do not want to be in the US anymore and was thinking if I could transfer the college credits I have to the University of Toronto. I am currently majoring in Biochemistry and they have amazing science programs. I'm not sure if i'll be able to transfer my credits at all or where I have to start so any help will help!


you guys are talking about a student visa but I want to live in Canada not just go to school there 

3 Answers

  • John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    The University of Toronto is usually rated among the top 50 colleges in the world.  Being admitted, and then adjusting to the academic rigors of an elite university,  would be extremely challenging for all but the most qualified students.  

    If you do want to attend college in Canada, there are other universities which cater to regular college students. Those would most likely be a better choice.  As far as moving to Canada is concerned, a student visa would only allow you to stay for educational purposes. You would need to return to the US once your education is complete.

  • 1 month ago

    McGill & Toronto are justly called "the Harvard & Yale of Canada." Very demanding programs, and they only take the very top students. Your community college science classes don't even begin to compare in academic standards to top universities' freshman science classes. Highly unlikely you can transfer into any top-rated university & get credit for second- or third-rate courses. If you have excellent CC grades, your best bet is likely to be your state's university system, as your state likely has arrangements for state CC courses with appropriate grades to be accepted at your state's universities. CCs do not exist outside US & are not generally accepted by foreign universities.

    You are also misbegotten regarding student visas. IF allowed into Canada (or any foreign country) to study, you MUST return to your county of citizenship immediately upon completion or termination of full-time studies. You are only a temporary guest as a foreign student, and you go home! You are also generally ineligible for financial aid - for foreign students, there's extremely little aid & extreme competition for it! So you & your parents must prove you have sufficient funds for all school + living expenses + return transportation to your country. Expect to need about CAD40,000/year, all in. Without working!

  • donnie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    See if there is someone there you can talk to about it 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.