carlo asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

Are there any errors in the sentences I made?

I'm studying English and I want to have my sentences checked by native English speakers. If there's anything wrong, strange or unnatural, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

1. I forgot until what time the library is open. 

2. She sure is late. She may be still sleeping. 

3. You can make up even if you have a fight as long as you apologize soon. 

4. You must contact me, you know. 

1. I forgot till what time the library is open.

2. She's surely late. She may be still sleeping.

3. As long as you apologise soon, you can make it even if you have a fight.

The last sentence is fine. Good luck :)

1. I forgot what time the library closes.   

2. She sure is late. She may still be sleeping. She may still be asleep. She might still be sleeping. She might still be asleep. 

3. You can still make up, even if you have a fight, as long as you apologize.

4. You know you must contact me.

#1 is CORRECT.  Kevin's answer is what people commonly say in everyday speech, but in grammatically correct English, a sentence does not end in a preposition. So yours is correct.

#2 is CORRECT.  Making it into one sentence separated by a comma would be WRONG.

#3 needs one comma, not two:  "You can make up even if you have a fight, as long as you apologize soon after."  And omit the word "even".  If you make up, obviously it's because you had an argument, so "even" is unnecessary. 

#4 is fine.

1. I forgot what time the library is open until

2. She sure is late, she may be sleeping

3. You can make up, even if you have a fight, as long as you apologize soon after