Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 months ago

How much underwear should a person own? 7, 15, 20?

Why??

Say an adult aged 30-90

• ?

28 because there are 28 days in a lunar month. 13 lunar months of 28 days apiece make a 364 day lunar year. From full moon to full moon you can easily go through 28 pieces of underwear.

• Lili

I'd say minimum 7 pairs, so you don't have to launder your underwear more than once a week.

I don't know how many pairs I own, but it's several times 7.

• ?

Not an Etiquette question by any stretch of the imagination.

as many as they want to own

Whatever works for an individual.

As many as you want.

The is no limit and a personal choice.  Normal people don't judge others based upon the answer because it isn't any of anyone else's business.  

Personally I tend to have 15-25.  Why so much?  Because I hate doing laundry, and often can wear shirts and pants more than once before washing them.  Underwear does need to be changed and the more I have the less often I need to do laundry.  Plus having more makes cycling out older underwear easier to do.

that is a personal choice, but I would say laundry should be done as needed and any one who has more than an weeks worth sitting around smelling up the place needs to stop being so lazy and do they laundry more often.

As many as needed between washings.

at LEAST 2 weeks worth, but more is better.