Movies Section: Who is your favorite movie Con Artist?

IMO: Jordan Belfort (The Wolf of Wall Street) 

Honorable Mentions: Frank Abagnale Jr. (Catch Me If You Can), Roger "Verbal" Kent (The Usual Suspects), Henry "Shaw" Gondorff & Johnny "Kelly" Hooker (The Sting (1973)), "Fast" Eddie Felson (The Hustler (1961)), Irving Rosenfeld & Sydney Prosser (American Hustle), Roy Waller (Matchstick Men), Lawrence Jamieson & Freddy Benson (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988)), Tom Ripley (The Talented Mr. Ripley), Sidney Deane & Billy Hoyle (White Men Can't Jump (1992)), Bret Maverick (Maverick (1994)), Jack Teller (The Score (2001)), Professor Micky Rosa & Ben Campbell (21 (2008)), Moses Pray & Addie Loggins (Paper Moon (1973)); and George Thomason, Ken Pile, Wand Gershwitz, & Otto West (A Fish Called Wanda)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • SW-6
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Frank Abagnale.  I read the book, it was Better. Abegnale did a cameo in the movie.

• Ona
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Henry Gondorff  and Johnny Hooker in The Sting.

• 1 month ago

Roger "Verbal" Kent (The Usual Suspects)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Mordecai Jones (George C. Scott) in The Flim-Flam Man.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

All those con artists in Maverick (1994), The Sting, A Fish called Wanda & Dick and Jane

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I hate the Wolf of Wall Street. He got away with nearly all of it. Then gets a movie extolling him. **** that. I wished that movie had tanked without a ripple. He hurt so many people. 

A Fish Called Wanda would be my fave. Fast-paced, great performances, lots of fun to watch. 

• 1 month ago

Frank Abagnale Jr. (Catch Me If You Can)

HM: Walter Keane (Big Eyes), Charles Bonnet (How to Steal a Million), Frank Catton & team (Ocean's Eleven-2001), P.T. Barnum (The Greatest Showman), Bret Maverick (Maverick (1994)); and George Thomason/Ken Pile/Wand Gershwitz/Otto West (A Fish Called Wanda).

• 1 month ago

Irving Rosenfeld & Sydney Prosser (American Hustle)

HM: Jordan Belfort (The Wolf of Wall Street), Frank Abagnale Jr. (Catch Me If You Can)

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Donald J. Trump, whenever a movie is made of all of his con-artist ways and how his team of lawyers makes sure he has to pay out as little as possible or locking things up in courts. Talk to the thousands of past employees, including entire construction companies that have went bankrupt due to him being a POS con-artist who is quite obviously morally and ethically bankrupt.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.