Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

During the troubles was there tv shows in england about MI5 and british intelligence fighting the IRA?

The same way we have shows like strike back and Bodyguard in which the intelligence agencies are combating islamic terrorism these days

If so can you  name any i would be interested in watching something like that but my google search is coming up empty

6 Answers

Relevance
  • JASON
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I can't recall any. The IRA were only spoken about in the news when they set off a bomb or kneecapped someone. We only saw them wearing military gear and face masks at funerals. They never spoke, we only heard what they had announced from a newsreader. It was a big event when they were finally allowed to speak on TV.

• 4 weeks ago

They love spuds.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Harry's Game (with iconic soundtrack by Clannad) was probably the most famous.

The premise of the movie Patriot Games was an IRA attack on royalty.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There was a drama called, 'Harry's Game' that was about this subject. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Spooks is the only tv series i can think of

• gerald
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It is empty there were news reels and that was enough , we dont glorify murder or killing we had our wars and making programs glorifying guns,  murder is cheap entertainment 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.