Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 4 weeks ago

Is it normal for a girl to wear a mid-thigh length dress with no shorts underneath? ?

So my girlfriend is usually a tomboy, but does like to wear skirts and dresses to feel "cute" sometimes. Usually though, she wears shorts. She's very active and athletic, so shorts are usually better for her. 

Yesterday though, we went to her house before dating, and she put on a dress in front of me on top of her bra and underwear, brushed her hair a little, put on some shoes, and said she was ready to go.The dress was mid-thigh, like the white dress below, that same length...but the color was light blue. 

I was like, "Woah woah, aren't you forgetting something?"

She looked confused. "What?" 

I said, "Shorts underneath your dress."

She smiled and laughed. "What? Why. I have no reason to ever do that." 

I said, "Aren't you scared of flashing? In a short flowy dress?" 

She said, "No, haha. Just keep knees together, or cross your legs, and hold the dress down if strong wind blows."

I said, "But what if the wind blows and you don't hold it down on time?"

She just laughed and was like, "Whatever. My underwear is not all that different from my bikini bottoms, no big deal." 

And when we went on the date, and she crossed and uncrossed her legs and stuff, I kept feeling secondhand embarrassment for her. There were several moments where it looked like she was gonna show her underwear, but just barely didn't. 

And she's tall. A 6'0 girl. And she has long legs in proportion to her body. So it seemed like the dress was even shorter. 

Well i suppose it is about time us males got our own back after all those jokes about what men wear under their kilts.

I would be very surprised if the model in your photo is wearing shorts.

• Swampy
    1 week ago

Yes it is perfectly normal. What is not normal is you wanting her to wear shorts under a dress.

It is expected of you! Flirt! You wear what makes you feel sexy!

• Jerry

When I see ladies wearing strapless tops, I find it a little distracting. I'm anticipating that the bosom may become disengaged from the bodice.

In the same way, short skirts are distracting. My attention is ripped off by the contortions the lady goes through to sit modestly, to pick up something from the ground modestly, and so on. I'm anticipating that she will expose upper thigh, butt, crotch. 

IMO something more covering than mere panties should be worn under a short skirt. Some options are trunks (underpants that extend a few inches down the thighs), tights, a culottes style slip. 

You might tell your lady that you find long skirts extremely attractive, offer to take her thrift store shopping and buy her some long skirts. You might also offer to gift her with a half slip (skirt slip) to prevent see-through. A culottes style slip ensures modesty even on windy days. 

That is, keep it positive. "I love long skirts" is going to work a lot better than "I don't like you wearing short skirts." 

BTW the asker never said or even implied that the photo was his lady. He said his lady wore a dress similar to the dress in the photo. 

that is her yea wear shorts someone might look

• -

In your dreams buddy.

Fantasize much?

• Jim

Too bad that is not your girlfriend.

• kelvin

you seriously must think were all idiots on here if you think anyone on here is gonna believe that is your girlfriend

Methinks you are a sad dreamer.

Oh, you poor, sad lonely old weirdo. Do you honestly think anyone believes an obese slob like you has a girlfriend?