Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Would a woman lie to her friends that she's slept with a man? And if so why?

A few answers misunderstood my question so I'll be clear here:

A buddy of mine asked a girl out and the girl said no. But then again, afterwards I kept seeing her talk about him, as if she actually did like him. Since she turned him down though he stopped paying extra attention to her and moved on. Out of spite she's now saying that she slept with his best friend. But I know his best friend and I was with him on the day she says it happened. The entire day and night. So why is she lying?

• Lili

Yes, she might.  Men sometimes lie about sex; women sometimes do as well.

You seem to be saying that a certain woman might have lied that she HAD sex, not that she denied having it. Is that correct?

If so, and since we don't know the circumstances, it's hard to say why a given woman might do it.  Perhaps the man is particularly desirable, and she wants to suggest that he found her attractive.  Perhaps she's trying to make other people envious or someone in particular jealous. Perhaps she's just trying to look like she has more sexual experience than she does.

If the situation is different -- she claimed NOT to have had sex when she actually did -- then maybe she's afraid of looking like some who sleeps around. Or maybe the guy isn't very desirable, and she doesn't want to look desperate or as though she has bad taste.

• do  you  want  to?

Many women kept it to themselves as they feel slut

Sure. Women don't want to be seen as sl*uts. Same way they won't tell a guy about her one night stands when he asks about her previous partners. She'll only tell him about the relationships she's had where she was in love.