do i measure ketchup in a liquid or dry measuring cup?

• kswck2

An 8 ounce measuring cup will yield you One Cup of ketchup. 

Really, the only thing you need to worry about is measuring dry ingredients like flour. For example, is one cup of flour before or after it is sifted? Sifting allows air to be put into the flour so it will measure differently. Dry ingredients are often measured by weight rather than volume. 

• IvaB

It doesn't really matter which you use,they'll both yield the same amount of ketchup.The difference comes into play mostly when measuring baking ingredients.In that case it IS important to use the specific dry or wet vessel to measure.

I am not sure if I am right or not, but I have always measured ketcup in a dry cup.

• ted

Measure ketchup in a liquid measuring cup

liquid measure cup would be best but if it were me and I am measuring out other stuff I would use a measure cup that I am using for the recipe so I don't dirty another. 

• L.F.

Liquid as it's easier to clean.