My digital health scale reads 215 when I first step on it.. and get off it reads "C" back on it reads 210..  which is it?  ..and why the "C"?

• keerok

All answers are correct. First make sure the scale reads zero first before stepping on it. The "first" reading is instant including the force your foot made while stepping on the scale. C probably means "calculating". The "second" reading is most probably the correct one. That's when you've stabilized yourself on the scale and aren't jittery anymore.

• EddieJ

You need to read the instruction manual for your scale.  It may tell you the expected margin of error.

How much did you pay for your scale?  If you bought a lower-end model, it will probably be less accurate.

• Audrey

Are you waiting till you see the zeros before you get on the first time? If you even touch it the C will show.

• J

I believe it means it's recalibrating. The second reading is likely more accurate.