Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How to get over this awkward moment?!?

So I share an apartment with one of my best friends. Our apartment is small and we each have our own rooms with one common area. She has her boyfriend over a lot which is fine as long as he dosent overstay or anything because our apartment is small and her hometown is over an hour away from our college. 

Today he came over and they cooked dinner and made a pie. 

My roommate called me from my room which is off the side of the kitchen and living room and asked if I wanted any and I told her I would come get some later.

About an hour later after I took a shower, I came out my room to get some food and was wearing spandex cheer shorts and a graphic tee and a headband. My makeup wasn’t on and I didn’t have a bra on or anything. Her boyfriend walks out of her room at the exact same time and It was really awkward and I was like “I’m sorry I’m not dressed” and kind of shielded myself. He stared for like a second and then shut the door without saying anything. I thought that was kind of rude and I haven’t seen him in weeks and of course that’s when I saw him again. I also kind of got mad at my roommate for letting him walk in our apartment like that by himself. But it was so awkward. How do I shake that? Lol 

Yall need to sit down and lay some ground rules that you both abide by and avoid things like this. Simple.

I have no idea what you're trying to "shake". Nothing happened. 

What is the issue here?

First off, its just as much her apartment as it is yours! This means, that if she wants to have her boyfriend come over (even when she's not there), that's her right to do so, she doesn't need to run it by you.

Secondly, you were FULLY dressed, he didn't see any part of your body that he shouldn't have! I could understand if you were naked or even partially naked about it being awakard, but, this is a whole different animal.

What I'm sensing here is both of you had a moment where you were sexually attracted to each other, and both briefly considering going there, but in the end her boyfriend showed better impulse control. 

It sounds like to me you were fully clothed. so why feel so awkward about it,  Just don't mention it or act embaressed in front of him and it will just be forgotten.  

You knew he was there. He and your room mate cooked dinner and made a pie. It was up to you to dress accordingly, or at least be aware of your surroundings.

My roommate has her boyfriend over so often to the point that I don’t even care if he sees me straight up in my underwear. I have walked around the apartment literally wearing thongs and a shirt with no bra. It’s your house and he doesn’t pay rent so don’t feel embarrassed at all about the situation. Own the fact that it’s your house and can walk around wearing whatever you want don’t let his presence affect you. 

AHAHAHAHA girl that is so something that would happen to me! Whatever, honestly HE is the weird one for making it awkward because clearly he made it weird. It’s really not your fault you’re walking around your OWN apartment half naked... like that should truly be expected. 

He is the one that made it awkward. I honestly wouldn’t say anything and just carry on with life. It’s really not that big of a deal but I could definitely see how you would find the situation a bit awkward. 

All you can do is chalk it up and laugh about it at this point, trust me it’s not worth getting stressed about. In my opinion it’s actually pretty funny.  Like “ohhhh heyyyyy didn’t see ya coming”. Trust me being able to laugh about situations simply makes it a lot less awkward 

This is one of the best ones yet. So you walked out fully clothed a guy saw you for a second and you need to come here to discuss it because you're haunted by it. 

• Helen

1. You had clothes on. It wasn't awkward. Your awkwardness made it awkward. 

2. You knew he was there. Why leave your room if you weren't comfortable being seen in what you were wearing?

• T J

You need to discus this with her. She needs to talk to yo when he is going to be there without her. Id not be ok with that at all.