Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 4 weeks ago

Is it feasible to telework from a public park bench with a laptop and a personal WIFI hotspot?

My office is switching to working from home forever. I can't work from home. With the pandemic, all the libraries are closed. Can I work from a park bench?

I have to constantly remote to my office computer and be connected to email 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

I want to get Boost Mobile WIFI hotspot for $50 a month for 50 GB of data.

I want to get a portable laptop charger.

Is this enough to keep everything charged and is that enough data?

There's no way of knowing how much data you will use per month. If it is strictly emails, then you would need to send hundreds of thousands, if not millions of emails regularly to be close to using that much data. If you're doing things like web browsing, remote desktop or other tasks that rely on video or other network intense things, then you can quite quickly use up your data.

You could probably go with Boost, but I hesitate to say yes to a portable laptop charger as there is no guarantee for the 8 hours of time.  AND what happens when it rains?  Windy Days or other inclement weather?  What about people walking up to you while you're 'working or just ambient noise from the street, etc?'  Let's also ask the question, 'why can't you work from HOME?'