Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

How to understand calories?

I am skinny fat and am looking at getting in shape, o don’t know how to work calories and therefore cannot do a diet properly and know how to workout and get shredded.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Educate yourself.  This isn't rocket science.  There are hundreds of diet and workout programs with books, videos, blogs, YouTube channels, etc. These programs tell you what to eat and what exercises to do.  

There are several apps you can download that will tell you the calories, carbs, fats, proteins, etc. in your food. You just have to scan the bar code on the food package and measure the quantity of that food. 

Improving your diet is really as simply as exchanging highly processed, high-carb foods for less or unprocessed "whole" foods.  For example, instead of a Big Mac, make a salad and put 3 ounces of steak, salmon, or chicken on it. 

To get into shape, you need to exercise. There are programs that don't require any equipment, so that require a few hand weights or resistance bands, and programs that really need to be done in a gym with a gym equipment.  You can purchase programs like BeachBodyOnDemand and try a dozen different programs or you can just follow different free videos on YouTube or you can join a gym and get a trainer to set up a program for you. 

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Forget calories. Just miss a meal or two, no snacks and just drink water. That's it. Oh and yes, workout to the max and get shredded.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Hey, dude.  You aren't a failure because you don't have success dieting. 

NOBODY DOES. 

Dieting ALWAYS fails and exercise has almost nothing to do with significant fat loss or gain. 

If you want you to be as defined as you can,  95% is your diet NOT INCLUDING regular sugars,  white flour products, trans fats, alcohol and as little corn-fed animal products as possible. 

The other 5% is exercising your muscles AKA resistance training. 

This isn't my opinion but scientific fact that remains true whether you believe it or not. 

I'm just the messenger. 

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.