For you older & wiser folks, what tools and methods did you use for learning Python when it first came out?

I never bothered, I've never particularly needed to use it.

I use C / C++ and several other languages, mostly for embedded and industrial systems. The few bits of python I've seen in my own system have been used internally by packages, pretty much an alternative to shell scripts.

It's easy enough to tollow what the scripts do, when i looked from curiosity.

The only "new" languages I've used for anything much are Javascript and Lua, javascript in web site and both in various bits of my home automation system..

[Both Lua and Python were first released almost 30 years ago, so neither is really new, it's just taken a while for them to become mainstream].

• EddieJ

I already knew many other programming languages.  The main tool I used was google.

If I try to give you a link, my answer becomes invisible.