Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 weeks ago

Have you encountered something in your history classes before that left you confused?

The moment you walk out of class after taking a test and can't remember what the test was about.

The war of 1812.

How they left out the Black hero that saved the nation.

A pattern of his stories...........👁️

I'm SORRY. Wrong war.

Revolutionary war.

Lafayette employed Armistead as a spy, with the hopes of gathering intelligence in regards to enemy movements. Posing as a runaway slave hired by the British to spy on the Americans, Armistead successfully infiltrated British General Charles Cornwallis' headquarters. He later returned north with turncoat soldier Benedict Arnold, and learned further details of British operations without being detected. Able to travel freely between both British and American camps, Armistead could easily relay information to Lafayette about British plans.

Using the details of Armistead's reports, Lafayette and General George Washington were able to prevent the British from sending 10,000 reinforcements to Yorktown, Virginia. The American and French blockade surprised British forces and crippled their military. As a result of the Lafayette and Washington's victory in Yorktown, the British officially surrendered on Oct. 19, 1781.

The Schleswig-Holstein Question still puzzles.

yup, the teachers and their quizzes.

sorry to  hear about that Anonymous... don't know what about that would cause you confusion but ideally you'll solve it before puberty  :)

In what way? Like you aren't understanding the lesson, or like you've been taught something that doesn't seem to correspond to other data known to you? As far as the latter, I was confused when I was learning about Columbus in school because I was told a different history by people in my family.  It took me alot of individual research to find the truth. So I was confused in that way.

• Jake

the entire course