Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Should I get back with him?

I’ve been talking to this guy for over a year now, and it’s been very up and down, but he helped me a lot when I needed it. He really understood me. Because he lives 13 hours away, I asked him if he sees us dating when we’re both ready for it. I thought the answer would be yes, but I was so wrong. He said if I was in his city, sure, but he doesn’t do long distance.

It makes no sense why he agreed to being exclusive with me when he doesn’t see us dating. Does that make sense to you? 

Anyway, I miss him. Obviously. And I still have very strong feelings. I want to message him and ask for things to just stay the way they were. 

I would definitely consider moving to his city, but last thing I want is for me to get there and we start dating but then break up. But I love him. Losing him has been the worst pain. I feel like when you find someone who gets you and respects you the way he did with me, you don’t throw it away. But there’s just so many risks if I move to be with him.

What would you do?

• T J

Really 13 hours away, and you are thinking about dating...Wake up to the real world. How do you love a person that you never met? Face the real world, find someone in your local area. And you do not love him.

Why can't you find a man where you currently live?

I would consider giving him a chance so long as the only thing holding him back from being in a relationship with you is the distance. I can understand his reluctance to enter into a long distance relationship as they are often very hard to manage due to the lack of physical contact. Therefore, I wouldn't take his unwillingness to enter into this type of relationship as a reflection of his true feelings towards you. 

In order to find this out you will need to have a very frank and open conversation with him so that you know where you stand. It is therefore important that he is completely honest with you. In saying that, there will be a risk that things may not work out as there is with every relationship. What you may find is that you will need to take things slow with this guy until you feel that the emotional connection is strong enough to enter into a relationship.