Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

I am repelled by the casual dating culture of jumping into bed with someone with who I'm not officially in a relationship. Am I weird?

I'm a man and I'm selective. I just don't feel right to be a hedonist because I want a woman who is classy with good values. I don't want to rush into things but I don't think it's a good idea to rush into bed before getting to know what kind of person they are. Am I weird or wrong? Is sleeping around for short-term fun current dating trend???

I'm not saying it's right or wrong to sleep around. But I don't think hedonism and cheap pleasure with people who are not worth it is worth my time and effort.

Jerry: I thought I said it's a personal preference. I never said people should think nor act like me, I said it's just not for me and wishing I'm not the only one this way.

• T J

You are not wrong in your thinking and ways. Too bad more do not think like you. today kids 10 & up are having some kind of sex. They think like they just discovered something new. They think its fine until one gets pregnant and expect the family to be ok and raise it. Not in my home, they would be sent away and the baby put up for adoption. the girl would no longer be welcome in my home. I will give up parental rights and let them go into the system. Let them deal with that whore.

Why are you concerned that you're weird? Why do you need to explain what you don't feel right about? Are you wrong about what? You're simply stating your preference. A preference cannot be right or wrong as it is entirely subjective. I don't understand what you're asking, frankly.

I can't really tell you the trend today although back in the late '50s and early '60s I found many young ladies who enjoyed sex on the 2nd or 3rd date. The major difference I've seen is that back then it was primarily in the back seat of my '55 Ford parked in a remote area whereas today it's much more open.

• Jerry

Everybody is different in these matters. If you'd rather not have sex with a lady unless/until you know her well and have come to feel reasonably sure that she is of good character, then don't. That's what works for you. But don't try to push that onto others. There are people who can and do enjoy sex without particularly liking or admiring the partner. That works for them but they shouldn't try to push that onto others. 

Beware of setting up a "If I say I love you, then you'll have sex with me" dynamic. When we offer to reward people for lying to us, people will lie to us. 

• Aaron

some people would feel empty when they had sex with a women that he is not in relationship ,if think that it revolt you ,then you should make a real commitment to your date in the next relationship ,your statements leave me with impression that you are womanizer ,to be honest ,if people around you know you like to sleep around ,as long as a person know that you date many girls at the same time ,once this word gets out ,it will cause you negative impact ,then some so called faithful women will refuse to go out with you ,I conclude that most women you once went out with is player ,because you are womanizer ,the women you went out with is not better than you ,

Generally the only people who say things like that are making excuses for the fact that they can't get laid.

Dunno I don't mind especially when you're not in the same place for long. I'm a girl btw

Sounds like a classy man! Nothing wrong at all 

• El

That's super-cool man. So refreshing and different to all of the degenerates around today.