3 men just tried to break in to my home in broad daylight?

It happened yesterday morning. I work from home and I was on my own as my housemate was out at work.

I normally work with my laptop upstairs in my bedroom but yesterday I decided to work downstairs. Imagine had I not been downstairs and heard all the commotion.

They could have had another motive not just to steal, could have been something more sinister.

I keep having to replay scenarios in my head that I wish I could have and should have done differently. This is like an invasion and violation of your privacy. Your home was supposed to be your sanctuary, your haven and yet I find myself constantly looking over my shoulder.

They’ve smashed the window in the toilet downstairs and police came scouted the neighbourhood in hope to find CCTV and more information they could gather.

I guess my question is, how do you get rid of this unshakeable feeling of dread and anxious? I tried to distract myself but I can’t seem to. It’s awful.

• Audrey

If possible, get a gun. You will feel more in control. If not, get some heavy duty mace. A knife, a baseball bat. Anything to make you feel more secure. Put bars on your bathroom window. Make sure your locks are all secure. Good luck.

A revolver is a good start.

• ?

Most people kick up their home security. Bars on the windows, motion sensors, whatever helpa you sleep at night