Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

When will the US presidential  election result be announced?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

When the results are obvious.  The media usually project a winner pretty fast, but it is just a projection despite what Donald Trump claims.  The actual "winner" in any state is not truly decided (announced, declared) until all of the votes in that state have been counted and the count has been verified as correct (as correct as humans can make it be).  That usually requires at least several days.

There has never been an official declaration of winner of the Presidential race until after the electoral college has met and voted.  That is, no one is actually elected until the electoral college has finished its job.  And even then, it is possible that the electoral college fails to elect anyone, and it would go into Congress to be decided.  The votes in the House are by state delegation (each state has one vote) and not by each representative.

Normally, but it is not legally required, the obvious loser concedes once the projections are in and the result is obvious.  that is, the obvious loser says "I lost fair and square, so everyone now support the guy who won".  It isn't required by law though, at all.  It does require a love of the country over self to do that, because I am sure it is not fun to do.  Yet everyone always does.

• 4 weeks ago

I am thinking around January 15th.

• sam
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Before Jan 20.

• 4 weeks ago

It will be announced right now in this post: Joe Biden wins the 2020 Presidential Election. There ya go 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Some states have 41 days to count absentee ballots. We might not know who won until mid December. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I'm guessing 2032.   

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

At the end of the vote counting, when Trump is mathematically eliminated.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.