Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

In your opinion, is getting married and having kids an achievement in life?

• Saber

Yes it is quite an achievement in my opinion.I still havent married or had kids either and i wonder if i ever will.My country is a very depressive one and there is no future for me here.I want to move to the states one day and have a normal life.If that is even possible.

For some people it is..yes.

It all depends on the persons outlook on life.Some people have more ambitious and fulfilling goals in life than being a parent.

Not everyone has maternal instincts.

And of course there are people who combine the two!!! and regard both as achievements.

MY opinion? I think there is a lot more to life, especially when young than getting married and having offspring.

• Jill

IMO an achievement is a goal you have worked towards and succeeded at  So if marriage and kids is your ultimate goal and you succeed then yes, that's an achievement. 

If you do a good job at it.  The thing itself is not really the achievement, it is mostly in how you do the thing or get the thing.  I don't consider falling down an accomplishment, even when I wanted to fall down. It is just too easy to let happen by accident.  It isn't achievement when it just happens without any work at it.

• Old

Getting into and staying in a stable monogamous long term relationship is quite an accomplishment with or without a piece of paper.  Having kids happens outside of marriage all too often and is more of an accident than a achievement.

Not really. It’s not much of a challenge 

No, that's the end of life.

It has been for me, yes. Two of the biggest watershed moments in my life are, first, when I said "I do" and became a husband to my wife and stepdad to my amazing stepson and, second, when my biological son was born and I held him the first time. Marriage and fatherhood have not been easy. There have been many joyous moments and many hair-pulling-out in frustration ones, but overall its been wonderful. I have to remind myself, in the frustrating moments, that very few good things are easy 

• Kathy

In my opinion, yes it is.