Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

In your opinion, is getting married and having kids an achievement in life?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Saber
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Yes it is quite an achievement in my opinion.I still havent married or had kids either and i wonder if i ever will.My country is a very depressive one and there is no future for me here.I want to move to the states one day and have a normal life.If that is even possible.

• 4 weeks ago

For some people it is..yes.

It all depends on the persons outlook on life.Some people have more ambitious and fulfilling goals in life than being a parent.

Not everyone has maternal instincts.

And of course there are people who combine the two!!! and regard both as achievements.

MY opinion? I think there is a lot more to life, especially when young than getting married and having offspring.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

IMO an achievement is a goal you have worked towards and succeeded at  So if marriage and kids is your ultimate goal and you succeed then yes, that's an achievement. 

• 4 weeks ago

If you do a good job at it.  The thing itself is not really the achievement, it is mostly in how you do the thing or get the thing.  I don't consider falling down an accomplishment, even when I wanted to fall down. It is just too easy to let happen by accident.  It isn't achievement when it just happens without any work at it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Old
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Getting into and staying in a stable monogamous long term relationship is quite an accomplishment with or without a piece of paper.  Having kids happens outside of marriage all too often and is more of an accident than a achievement.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not really. It’s not much of a challenge 

• 4 weeks ago

No, that's the end of life.

• 4 weeks ago

It has been for me, yes. Two of the biggest watershed moments in my life are, first, when I said "I do" and became a husband to my wife and stepdad to my amazing stepson and, second, when my biological son was born and I held him the first time. Marriage and fatherhood have not been easy. There have been many joyous moments and many hair-pulling-out in frustration ones, but overall its been wonderful. I have to remind myself, in the frustrating moments, that very few good things are easy 

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In my opinion, yes it is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.