Phil
Lv 6
Phil asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

If Joe becomes US President can he pardon Hunter Biden ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Troy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

Sure can and himself. But remember what Hunter said when asked how he gets away with all the corruption "plausible deniablility" 

You can't just show folks the obvious, you have to prove it. 

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, immediately after he pardons himself.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, IF he did something wrong. But did he? 

• 4 weeks ago

As far as I know there are currently no credible criminal charges against Hunter Biden or his dad. I have heard some crackpot conspiracy theories from the far right but none of them have the ring of truth. 

To answer your question directly, a president can pardon people of federal crimes, yes. If there are any charges on the state level then those crimes could not be pardoned. Something for the Orange Clown to consider if he tries to pull this trick on himself in the coming weeks... but I digress. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I don't know that one can pardon another for something he never did.  He can pardon him, sure, but for what?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, but his first order of business would be to raise taxes and ruin the economy.

• 4 weeks ago

The President should have the right to do whatever they want as long as they are willing to hold a free and fair election every 4 years in my opinion. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If Biden becomes President, the crowds in the street will be demanding other things.

Stuff you ignore a lot.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.